JOURNAL SCHEME TO OLD WINTER IS IN THE NOW! ...AND HELLO TO EVERYBODY!
People need to STFU at the movie theatre! Grrr! That's my rant! Grrr!
* * * * *
Instead of apologizing for my journal negligence, I'm just gonna say that I died and turned into a zombie, but then took some Tylenol and got better and am no longer and zombie because I'm alive now. YOU KNOW, IT HAPPENS. A ton of stuff happened this year, mostly mixed feelings toward the end but I'll get to that when I get to it. As for my going ons, I've changed positions at work and am finally being recognized for doing a job any idiot can do. My social life has been reduced to watching Criminal Minds, sleeping at 6PM to wake up super early, eating at McDonalds to drown out the guilt of using their wifi, and finding enjoyment watching people make fun of ugly people on the interweb. I'm out of practice art-wise and so all the paintings I've done are probably never gonna be seen by anybody because they are terrible! Or at least, reek of amateur chicken scratches that yo momma would pin to the refrigerator and pour you a glass of Sunny D because "it's so good! *picks up kids at soccer practice*" and the like.
* * * * *
Don't really have any photos, so here's an unrelated one of my lunch once upon a haircut:
Yeah, THANKS LITTLE CAESARS!
I still ate it.
Every year I construct a list of the good and bad things that happen throughout the year. I have this weird thing where I have to document and remember everything that every happens to me in hopes to learn from it in the future and even flashback to some good moments of my life.THE GOOD:
Here's a list of things that were alright. (May not be in chronological order.)
BONUS - Fan favorite quote(s) of 2014 written by me apparently
- Chinese Food Fund
- Rick & Morty
- King of the Nerds Season 2
- Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 with Girasols-reflection
- Old letter from when I was 15
- Cooking sausages (haha!)
- Bravely Default Demo
- Steven Hickner lecture
- Contacting previous owner of my used Wii
- Bates Motel Season 2
- Zoo with Jasmine and Patricia
- Sailor-Phantom's barfday package.
- Pi Day 2014
- Super Poogle
- Calzones with success!
- Barfday Frog Band
- Famous Ghosts
- Toon Boom Studio 8
- Psych ends* (I liked it!)
- Criminal Minds
- Steven Universe
- Root beer
- PMC Film Festival 2014
- The Purge
- The Internship
- The Watch (movie)
- The Great Gatsby
- Kaman's model
- Ted (movie)
- Joined a local painting group
- Epic (movie)
- Date Movie (omg it sucked, but I did other things while it was on?)
- Successfully cloned my hard drive
- Summertime is Great
- Hummus obsession
- Twilight by Elliott Smith
- Twilight (Cover)
- "Yo" at the beginning of sentences now apparently
- We're The Millers
- Thai coffee
- Animal Farm (1954)
- Sailor Moon Crystal
- Free Rice
- Helped Girasols-reflection move
- Autodesk Maya 2012
- Six Flags Magic Mountain with Girasols-reflection
- SHARK WEEK 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
- OC Fair 2014
- China, IL storyboard layout test
- Foodfight! with Teenage-Ska
- GreenEarth becomes Choxo
- Brian Lee O'Malley's "Seconds"
- New business card design
- A whole month without alcohol
- Art emails with Punkline
- Golan the Insatiable storyboard test
- Pokémon Y
- New pavement*
- Kacky Anniversary
- Pokémon emails with Punkline
- Pokémon Bank
- SKINNY COW! Ahahaha!
- Idiot STL got terminated!
- Mudkip lives in my car again
- College RP
- Changed positions at work
- Ce Jeu by Yelle
- Shiny Gengar
- Completed Inktober 2014!
- National Self-Portrait Day 2014
- Now friends(?) with Mcdonald's manager?
- Wisdom Tooth extraction
- Austin Powers
- Disney's Up
- Salt (movie)
- After the Dark
- Finally debt free!
- Bought a wrestling arena toy for the CSUF Toy Drive
- Spent my barfday with friends for the first time since high school.
- Hollycaust CD
- Sony cancels The Interview (hah what?)
- The Starving Games (terrible movie, but the chick is from Cory In The House ahahaha!)
- Teenage-Ska's barfday package
- Home Alone
- Dumb And Dumber To (eh...)
- A Christmas Story
- Spectrum construction complete*
- Caught up with Degrassi (I'm a little embarrassed)
- Resolved a few things from last year
: June 5thJammin' with the cacti, it's just what I NEEDLED. Jammin' with the cacti, if you get my POINTTHE BAD:
...And here's a list of things that make me not want to say "excuse me" when I burp at the dinner table. (May not be in chronological order.)
- [Someone] gets into a car accident
- Google+ and Youtube BS
- Super reduced work hours and a pathetic paycheck
- Miserable thoughts and junk
- Disappointing Job Fair
- Split nail
- Stupid co-worker
- Actually bought, not one, but TWO fedoras
- Aunt died
- Windows XP support ends*
- Maribel leaves
- MP3 Player broke in the wash
- Credit card number stolen
- Hard drive failing
- Shirley Temple dies* (ANIMAL CRACKERS IN MY SOUP! MONKEYS AND RABBITS LOOP THE LOOP)
- Skype on Linux
- Clarence scandal*
- Jerk destroys my [perception of life]
- Episodes of irrational sadness
- Bob Hoskins dies*
- McChicken price went up (no really!)
- HR Giger dies
- Old classmate insults my [framing] ability
- Boss quits without notice and leaves me with her mess
- 2 years of nothing
- Visited Facebook for the first time in 2 years
- Old toaster oven dies
- Heavy heavy drinking
- Cancelled gym membership
- Robin Williams dies*
- Colossus closes down at Six Flags*
- Elliot Rodger*
- New boss is an idiot
- Starbawks couch is gone
- DTL is a jerk
- No dental insurance
- Turned 26
- [Same someone] gets into another car accident
- DeviantART's new logo
- Electric fan breaks I think?
- Didn't participate in PMC's The Bomb this year
- Didn't participate in PMC's White Elephant Christmas Party this year
- No response from 3D rendering studio
- Wasn't able to visit my father
- Didn't have a vacation
- Failed to complete collaboration(s) with Punkline & Girasols-reflection
- Wasn't able to complete comic ideas
- Wasn't able to complete Kalos starters drawing
- Wasn't able to complete Helioptile drawing
- Didn't finish pencil drawing for co-worker
- Didn't finish akarina's 9-year old request
- ...And this stupid ugly DeviantART user!
* - doesn't really affect me personally, but found interesting nonetheless
I was looking through last year's list and tried to compare the two. If I were to have made a journal about 2014 in September, I would have probably said it was worse than last year. This year I noticed that I watched a ton of movies and also made some good decisions, but unfortunately luck wasn't with me most of the time. My perspective on stuff has changed quite dramatically when I was stripped of my hours at work and became really really poor. It changed in October when that store manager finally got terminated and I was able to change positions and finally get the recognition I've wanted. I think the only downside would be my nonexisting social life, since I sleep early and work early. My happiness sure shot up since September, but I'm still feeling there's more to life than just sleeping and working. I'm hoping next year I'll find an answer to that question.2014 was awful, but it got better toward the end.
On DeviantART, I'd like to acknowledge Girasols-reflection
for your art support, encouragement, and inspiration again this year. You two make me want to keep going despite sucking at art. Thank you Girasols-reflection
, & Punkline
for playing Pokémon with me when the game had already been out for over 11 months by the time I got it and dealing with me wanting stuff like Sun Stones and a Koffing. Thank you Sailor-Phantom
for at least trying to get Camofrog into my town. We all know it's really Sailor-Phantom
's fault, but I mean... who's pointing fingers here. And lastly, I'd like to thank any of you deviants who still watch me even though I rarely visit the site anymore. I remember everyone who interacts with me on here, so if you want me to +watch you back, just holla and I'll do it since I don't +favorite or +watch on my own accord.
Don't know if I have time to squeeze in a painting before midnight, but I'll at least try to I guess. Like last year, I'll gonna chill out. I got the day off tomorrow so I could stay up and drink. Might have to buy food before stores close too. I'd like to wish you all a happy and safe new year. Let's talk again in 2015!
Take care of yourselves!
Your fellow deviant friend,
Frankie J (Netaro)